Beach Checklist

Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I hope that everyone is doing something fun and relaxing this weekend. We are planning on sticking close to home but hoping to catch some rays come Sunday and Monday since the weather is a little BLAH right now.

I thought it would be fun to share my beach checklist with you :) I was laughing so hard while i was putting this collage together because I realized how insane it can get with the amount of cra... i mean stuff you end up schlepping when you take kids to the beach. I honestly cannot believe the things i will pack in order to enjoy just a few hours of some sun and sand. But hey, you gotta do it! 

I put together a check list below of items that I always take with me... (I actually really do have a beach checklist in my agenda as well as a Cali trip packing check list!) 



Beach Checklist (with Kids)

I always start with the kids. I make sure that they all head to the beach in their cover ups and swimsuits. I also bring an extra pair of clothes for them to change into once we get to the car to head home. I love the romper above, it's so easy to throw on! I also pack them rashguards in case the water is too cold and for extra sun protection. Of course, don't forget to slather them up with paraben free sunblock or you'll have very unhappy and cranky kiddies on your drive home.

I'm up next and it is pretty basic. I take a bag (that's small enough to throw into a larger bag) to carry my sunglasses, wallet, phone and my non-greasy sunblock (I cannot stand the greasiness or smell of sunblock! I even hate rubbing it onto people so i always get the spray). I throw on my bikini, a coverup and some easy on & off sandals.  A cute but practical swimsuit is key. It needs to keep my itty bitties tucked away while I'm running after one of my children who's about to get dragged out to sea while the other two are fighting over the only pink shovel i brought. Genius. 

The stuff above doesn't look like that much stuff right? Yeahhhh. I'm not done yet. Here's where the ridiculousness happens:


And Don't Forget...
 
I have learned to give into the "dorky" items you swear you'll never buy. I promise I really am not that judgmental, I just like what I like, lol. After many trips back and forth to the car, grabbing toys, chairs, the cooler etc. I finally gave into getting the beach cart. This thing is amazing!!! I can throw everything in it, drag it thru the sand AND carry a child on my other arm. Wow. I am amazing. While this cart may make you the envy of all your friends, it it very pratical. Inside my beach cart I throw in our sports umbrella, my beach chair, my picnic cooler filled with food, snacks and drinks, and the kids sand toys. I also LOVE my Scout 4 Boys Bag because I can pack it nice and neat. I throw in all our beach towels, beach blanket, portable speaker, my beach bag and a portable potty. I have learned that nothing is more annoying than just getting unpacked, settling into your beach chair and having one of your kids have to use the bathroom. This is where the potty makes sense... you put it inside the sports umbrella that has the side flaps for a little privacy and let them go to town. 

ahhh, so that is pretty much it. After 3 kids, it's hard to imagine what it would be like to go to the beach by myself but back in the day this is what it looked like...

Beach Checklist (No Kids)
Beach tote with my towel, wallet, sunglasses, bottle of water, stack of magazines, portable speaker in it. A beach chair, my suit, coverup and hat. So easy!

Still, i would trade 1000 beach days by myself for one beautifully chaotic day with my family! I hope you feel the same :)


3 comments

Sharon greenberg said...

Great tips and picks as always

costa rica family vacations said...

This things are perfect for beach. Beautiful!

Maritza Bernard said...

Thank you ladies for your comments! xx