I Am Thankful //

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

This year is the first year in a few that we will not be going back to California this winter. We never go back fro Thanksgiving because it is too far to travel for such a short trip. We really try to not go more than 6-8 months without seeing my family and we have been fortunate enough to be able to go back often. 

I've tried not to think about the fact we won't be there because i get very emotional! LOL. Last week i texted my mom that it was really hitting me that we weren't coming out and she (being the amazing mom that she is) said "I know, this Christmas will be different BUT we are healthy and you have each other. God will provide. I love you guys with all my heart." 

After reading that I remembered how blessed I am to have such amazing parents. My mom was right, I have 3 healthy kids, a wonderful husband and a great group of friends that have become our East Coast family.

So, thank you Mom and Dad. I am beyond thankful to have you as parents and for reminding me how blessed we truly are. 
Last Christmas :)

0 comments